Entri Populer

Labels

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

First Deployment

Well, after 6 1/2 years in the military, months at sea, and repeatedly volunteering for pretty much every opportunity, I finally have been picked to go overseas for actual operational duty. As it stands, I will be joining the crew of HMCS CHARLOTTETOWN sometime in May for the remainder of their mission in the Mediterranean.

It's great to know that I'll be putting all that training to some use for a worthwhile mission. Not that training and fisheries patrol aren't worthwhile missions... they're just not what I had in mind when I joined the military. In a way, though, it's good that VILLE DE QUEBEC recently completed workups; I've honed my skills quite a bit during that time, and hopefully the skills won't have much time to fade before I sail again.

So, hopefully, between OPSEC and how much internet access I can get, I'll be blogging about an actual deployment. With some luck, I'll have things to say other than "today I saw the sea." As far as possible, though, I'll update once a week during the deployment. I'll also try to post at least weekly pre-deployment, but without a whole lot to say I expect I'll mostly be checking in.

Ah well, we'll see how it goes.

Until then, I can't wait to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment