Entri Populer

Labels

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Early Warning: Major Suckage Ahead

I haven't heard anything official yet, but apparently my summer will NOT consist of struggling through MARS III over in awesome, über-beautiful Victoria, BC. Serious scuttlebutt has it that someone who makes a lot more money than I do has decided to put MARS III and IV back-to-back. It makes perfect sense, as MARS III serves as somewhat of a base for MARS IV, but the problem is more with the fact that not doign MARS III this summer means I will quite possibly be stuck in Kingston.

Not only would I not be getting the "extra" money being attach posted somewhere else brings (which is nice; it doubles my salary) but I would be stuck at RMC with a bunch of other bored RMC cadets, doing whatever, with most if not all of the people I usually hang out with being gone off to their training.

Of course, there's the chance I could be sent on OJT, but there's almost nothing I can actually go and do. I'm only NETPO-qualified, so being sent to a ship is unlikely, and making coffee for Lt's and LCdr's doesn't sound like that much fun.

Ah well, it's just the greatest tradition in the military: getting sent off to various assignments you really would rather avoid, for reasons that are way above your paygrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment