Entri Populer

Labels

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Relationships and the Navy

Okay, so I'm well in advance, but it's a topic that's been coming up a lot--and has been coming up for a while--usually from my civilian friends but also from some people who have had experience with military relationships.

I'm being posted to the West Coast after graduation (I graduate in May, but the actual posting might only be in June) but my girlfriend has to stay in Kingston to finish university. I think it's quite possible to keep things going, although it might be hard, especially considering how much leave I can expect to get, and how often she will have time off. Of course, it's all based on what I've heard in previous years, and what we've been told while we were in Vic, but it looks promising. The only issue will be that I will be on course for most of the year, and from what I understand that course keeps us quite busy, and then I will go to sea where communication opportunities (and time!) will be at a premium.

Does anyone have tips/stories/other tidbits to share regarding this kind of situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment