Entri Populer

Labels

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Don de Dieu feray valoir

So, it's all over.

In a few weeks, I will be reporting in to my new assignment aboard HMCS VILLE DE QUEBEC (actually "aboard" the shore office, as the ship is still in drydock). It's a whole new challenge and I'm definitely looking forward to it, despite the 130-odd reqs I'll need to start working on. In addition to being posted to a fine ship, I was also promoted to Sub-Lieutenant.

It's been a long and sometimes treacherous road to get here, and I still have a long way ahead, but it feels good to have gotten this far. I've learned a lot about myself through both the good and the bad, and hopefully that will enable me to be a better leader in the future.

It feels weird thinking that for the first time in over five years, I will be out of a training establishment and into an operational unit. It also feels pretty damn good.

For now, that's all I have. See you around the fleet!

No comments:

Post a Comment