Entri Populer

Labels

Thursday, May 17, 2007

My first real concert

Well, I got back from the concert at the Graduation Ball less than half an hour ago and I have to say it was a blast. I had a bad case of stage fright, though it wasn't nearly as bad as when I had to appear in a wrestling singlet that was WAY too tight for some play, a few years back, and felt wholly inadequate before walking on.

Anyways, it didn't go too bad. For once my pipes were cooperative--no lost drone reed or impossibly hard chanter reed--and although my lips still can't cope with playing too many tunes in a row, it went fairly well. We played several tunes, including the Scotland the Brave set (Scotland the Brave, Wings, and Rowan Tree), Atholl Highlanders and Bonny Dundee, Highland Laddie and Blackbear, The Orange and the Blue, and... I don't think we played anything else. It was a quick appearance, with the dancers and drummers, and it went pretty well.

Now all I want is to: a) get what's left to pack to be packed; and b) to get drunk. After all, this is the end of my second year of university and I missed the Halfway party. Besides, I'm a sailor, (well, naval officer... but I get called a sailor more often than not) an RMC student AND a general university student, so getting drunk is something that's almost expected of people like me.

As I said a few posts ago, posting might be light from now on. I'm going to borrow the laptop from my dad and should keep posting while I'm on leave, but after June 2nd, I wouldn't expect as many posts as usual. I expect that I'll be travelling to Vancouver at least on a few weekends, and I'm fairly confident that even the hippies in Van have internet cafés; I'll post from there.

For those who are reading this out of interest in the Navy, I promise I'll post pictures of NETPO at the end of the summer at the very least, and I'll try to post a few before that.

Anyway, expect several more posts before the great silence. Until then, keep on rocking in the free world!

"I'm a badass."
(If you're in the RMC pipe band and you're reading this for whatever reason, you should have laughed at that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment