Entri Populer

Labels

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

ALAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM!!!

I seriously need to find a way to put my overactive imagination to rest... or maybe I just need to stop watching war movies before going to sleep.

That's twice, now, in less than twenty-four hours, that I wake up with something in reality slipping into the dream-world and making me flashback to a movie. It's annoying!

First, yesterday afternoon I took a nap (I hang out with too many Air Force types...). When I woke up, the Sandhurst team was practicing their helicopter rapelling for the Sunset ceremony, and the Griffon (I think?) was flying just across from Yeo Hall--I have a few nice pictures of it. I'd just watched part of Apocalypse Now and... well, you can probably guess the rest, but for those who don't get it, I'll explain. I woke up and blinked, saw the white ceiling (granted, it's about 3 feet above me, but it's still white and plain) and heard the helicopter, and for an instant I had a flashback to that good old opening sequence...

Saigon. Shit... I'm still only in Saigon.


And then I just got out of bed like usual.

The second incident was more startling and, in a way, incredibly cooler.

I set up my alarm for 0650, so I'd get up at 0700 or, at worse, at 0730, as I have a tendency to hit the snooze button a few times too many. Anyway, I hit snooze at 0650 and laid back down (I have to, at the very least, sit up to hit my alarm, as it's at the foot of my bed) and drifted between sleep and wakefulness. At 0659, when my alarm sounded again, I just sat up straight and almost shouted "ALAAAAAAAAAARM!" And I almost jumped out of bed. Almost. And then I realized I was in a bunk bed at RMC and NOT in a certain movie. If you don't know what movie I'm refering to, you're certainly missing a great piece of cinematography.*

Anyway, it was rather funny. I hope it happens to other people and I'm not just going insane. Hey, at least I could blame RMC for making me crazy!

*For those who know what movie I'm refering to, I was watching the Original Uncut Version, which lasts for five hours or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment