Entri Populer

Labels

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I hate packing

In case you haven't gotten that much from my posts, I'm about to leave RMC for the summer. Another thing you should've gotten if you've read much of my blog is that I procrastinate intensely. I mean, I'm the king of procrastination.

Anyway, I have to pack. Not only do I have to grab all that crap I need for the course (which isn't all that much, really, just a few uniforms, some footwear, that kinda crap) but I need to bring back my civvie clothes, a bunch of books, magazines, computer games, my electronics, and other assorted crap I've collected this past year. I don't have that much of anything, but if you put everything together, it's a lot.

Packing is really what bugs me about RMC. I love being away all summer, but I have to move most of my crap twice a year, which turns into a lot of moving. We can store some stuff here, but I don't trust the storage space. Cadets are around all summer, and last year my buddy had a bunch of his stuff stolen, and it was obvious the cadets had been creeping through everyone's stuff. Not cool.

So, in addition to cleaning up my room (which I've been needing to do for about a month, now...) I need to actually figure out what I'm bringing back, what I'm throwing away, and what I'm going to try and stuff into my two barrack boxes. I think I'll have to turn to minimalism at some point. After all, if I'm going to try and go for submarines, I better get used to not having much stuff with me at least part of the time. Heck, even on surface ships the space is limited. It's not like I have a lot of GOOD civvie clothes, and most of my uniforms are just extras because I tend to be lazy and not do the wash until I run out of clean clothes... more clothes means I don't have to do the wash as often. I guess I'll just have to stop being lazy.

Anyway, as far as NETPO goes, I doubt I'll have a computer by then, so chances are updates will be few and far between. I'll try and get online through internet cafés or any kind of base... service place thingie where they have computers, but I don't expect to be able to post nearly as often as I do now, and updates might end up being a lot shorter than they are now, as well.

Oh well, back to procras... I mean... packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment