Entri Populer

Labels

Saturday, July 11, 2009

If the World Had a Front Porch

When I first arrived in Mississippi for college, I was immediately captivated by the grand houses along the sorority and fraternity rows on our campus. Not only was I struck by the beauty of their architecture, but I was charmed by the many with wide and expansive columned porches often dotted with white rocking chairs. Coming from the Midwest nothing could have seemed more quintessentially Southern to me, and I absolutely fell in love.

We have seen porches with curtains and those with screens so far in our look at these staples of summer living. Today, we'll finish with a look at spaces that perfectly characterize a traditional front porch-- those furnished with rocking chairs and swings.

Martha Stewart

Martha Stewart



Martha Stewart

While technically the following room should have been with the other screened porches, the rocking chairs reminded me so much of those from the houses on my college campus, I had to include them here.

House Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment