Entri Populer

Labels

Friday, November 23, 2007

Youtube - "We Need Girlfriend" bought by CBS

I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad, but for better or worse, my all-time second favourite youtube series has been bought out by Corporate America. (My all-time favourite youtube series being, of course Hey, Shipwreck.)

We Need Girlfriends, a series about three roommates in New York who (surprise surprise!) need girlfriends, had 11 episodes, each gathering over 700,000 views.

The show has been bought by CBS and will be produced by Sex and the City creator, Darren Star. Here is the youtube announcement by the producers of We Need Girlfriends:



The reason I'm not sure I'm happy about it is that even though I've now watched a youtube show go from episode one to corporate selling-out, I'm afraid it'll lose some of its edginess and inherent coolness, and will just turn into another boring romcom/sitcom.

Well, that and I don't have CBS. I don't even have a TV.

Let's launch operation "buy RMC students TVs."

No comments:

Post a Comment