Entri Populer

Labels

Friday, September 28, 2007

Reunion Week, Minimalist Theatre, and Swing Dancing

Well, RMC is in full Reunion Weekend swing by now. The First Years had their obstacle course today, and got their College coin--which really, really, really pisses me off. For my year, it was decided that the former way of getting the coins was too "cult-like" so instead of having any ceremony, the coins were handed out at the end of a completely unrelated meeting, with the Sqadron Sargeant just reading off the numbers on the coins and us picking them up. It was quite anticlimactic. This year, they at least had the decency to get the Old Brigade (ex-cadets who graduated 50 years ago) to hand out the coins. (By the way, Mr. Rogers(?), who spoke on parade... my last two are 18. Please don't make me buy you beer this weekend! Can I just buy you a bottle of good wine?)

Tomorrow is the badging ceremony, when First Years will actually be integrated into the Wing. Once again, the Old Brigade hands out the badges. It's a fun little parade, really. Good thing I'm in the band, though, because standing there and doing the advance in review order is really not one of my favourite things to do.

So, you may ask, what does all that have to do with Minimalist Theatre and Swing Dancing?

Well, it so happens that, this week, we had parade practice pretty much every day, on top of it being a heavy week for homework, and me actually having a life (sortof)... Last night I reached a point of lack-of-sleepedness that I hadn't experienced since FYOP. On Monday night I went to the Swing Club, and after I had to finish a book, so I went to bed late. On Tuesday, we had parade practice and I had another book to finish, and a paper to start writing. On Wednesday, we had a lovely morning march, followed by a piping practice, then more schoolwork, class, and then we went to Montreal to see a play--a 13 hour trip, altogether--so I got to bed at around 3, then got up at 0545 on Thursday to go to pipe practice, had class, had a PE class, had another class, then had parade practice, and then went swinging again. Let's just say I was destroyed, by then.

Sadly, I don't have much more to talk about. I'm still in need of a good, uninterrupted night's sleep, which I probably won't get until next weekend, and then again only maybe.

Anyways, I might try and write a little spiel after Reunion Weekend is over. Or maybe you guys will just have to wait until something interesting happens, like me going to Annapolis, or Hart House (maybe), or... uh... yeah, that's pretty much it.

Stay frosty, RMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment