Entri Populer

Labels

Thursday, September 6, 2007

That's how we do it in the Narmy

Well, the DCdts (Director of Cadets) told us on parade that he intends to make the Wednesday morning marches be actual ruck marches, vice the current "cohesion marches"--walking around somewhat briskly without any kind of gear on.

While I'm sure the Army people at RMC are thrilled, I fail to see how it has any kind of relevence to my job as a MARS officer. I mean, I'm sure it has some kind of fitness advantage, but if they wanted us to get fitter, they could make us run or do circuit training. I'm not knocking the DCdts' plan, mostly because I don't know all the details, but it seems like this is becoming the RAC vice RMC--Royal Army College.

I'm sure there is still some part of the chain of command who reads this, so here's a little suggestion: how about we really become like West Point, and get peninsula-wide wifi, and get the College to supply laptops to everyone? If we're going to get the cons of being like West Point, we might as well get the perks.

Anyway, I'm the first to acknowledge I need to get my butt in better shape, so instead of walking around the College, why don't we get some real fitness training, like more circuits or something? It won't be as fun as trying to get the anglos to speak French while walking around, but I'm sure we'll get used to it.

Other than that, classes are good. This little law course I'm taking might turn out to be pretty interesting after all.

Until next time, stay FYOPey, RMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment