Entri Populer

Labels

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Snapshot tube one and two (Quick update)

Hey everyone!

Well, I have even less to say today than I did last time I posted anything, so this will be short (or not) and sweet.

Training is going all right. I scored 100% on the PO 001 exam (basic Navy knowledge) and 96% on the PO 004 exam (safety). The averages were about 90% and 86%, respectively. We have a few more exams on theory and then we'll be off to do boatwork (the RHIBs, Zodiacs and other such small boats) and ropework (RAS, replenishment at sea, stuff, mostly) and then we'll be off to DC (damage control) school for a week or two... And then off to sea we will go. Two weeks on the YAGs and/or Orcas. From what we've been told, we should split our time between the old wooden-hulled YAGs (old minesweepers designed when Noah was a Midshipman) and the new, "state-of-the-art" Orcas (bigger, faster, and more comfortable training ships).

Still no word on where we'll spend out weekend in port, but I think our Lieutenant really wants to skip Nanaimo and head off to Vancouver. One thing I hope I'll see when we're on the ships is one of those famed US subs from... whatever naval base is up near the border. (Bangor, I think?) Apparently they transit through where we sometimes play. Speaking of submarines, we're slated to visit HMCS VICTORIA next week. Not quite a Los Angeles, but it still kicks ass. Well, CORNER BROOK does, anyway; VICTORIA is in drydock.

Anyway, I'm taking a liking to Victoria. For some reason, I don't feel the instant, almost physical dislike I do for Kingston since the first time I went there. I have to go around more, because I haven't really checked out the city much yet, but so far it looks like a good little city to be around.

Other than that, well, there's still nothing new going on.

Have a couple cold ones for me, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment