Entri Populer

Labels

Friday, June 1, 2007

Last blog in the Eastern Timezone

Well, at least I don't expect to make another post in the eastern timezone until I come back.

As I said in an earlier post, I'm heading over to Victoria (well, Esquimalt... it's all the same) on Sunday morning, and I'm actually leaving my house tomorrow; my plane is at 6am, I need to be there an hour early, and it takes about 4 hours to drive over... yeah, not leaving at 1am.

Anyway, I'm mostly packed already, I just need to buy a new backpack and put some stuff in it. I'm also going to figure out what DVDs I'll bring over there, and stuff like that. I'm used to being away from home, but usually I'm able to bring most of my DVDs, some video games, and a bunch of books. Oh well, guess I better get used to it; space on frigates and destroyers is already limited, but it's going to get worse if I get to go on submarines. Our submarines are tighter than... uh... I can't think of a somewhat politically correct analogy, so let's just say they're extremely cramped.

I'm excited about going to Vic, but I've never flown before (well, I flew once, but I was 10 or so, and it was a really short flight) and, yeah, not too excited about that part. It's not like I'm scared of terrorists or anything; I just have bad luck and I'm willing to bet they'll lose my luggage, which means most of my uniforms would be lost. Even if they don't, I don't like the idea of flying.

Oh well, I'm going to try and go to bed, now. See you guys on Pacific time!

No comments:

Post a Comment