Entri Populer

Labels

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning

So, we've done NAV passages (on SDM! no more paper charts! BOOOOOOOOOO!), and have now moved on to OOW tracks, in unlimited daytime visibility, restricted visibility, and now at night. It's a bit of a challenge to move on to both unknown ways to operate (having never done OOW tracks) and an unknown environment (ResVis/Night), but it's also fun.

I'm on duty tomorrow and will have plenty of time to sit around with a big pre-sea-phase update for all three of you that still read my blog, but for now, I wanted to post about one of the numerous websites that let you get AIS data for our area of operations. I'm not going to post where we're going in advance (I'll post about where we've been, most likely) but if you want to follow my wonderful adventures on MOOSE 62, head on over to http://ais3.siitech.com/VTSLite/AView.aspx and select MOOSE 62 from the list on the left side of your screen. To check out what our consorts are doing, look at RAVEN, RENARD and COUGAR. I don't know if the other Orcas are going to be out while we're at sea, but you can check them out (ORCA, GRIZZLY and WOLF are shown on the map right now).

I can't wait, even if it means sleep deprivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment