Entri Populer

Labels

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Take a Look

I've been painting in soft pastel for over 25 years. Long story short: no room to paint in pastels and an urge to move on. (God given!) I have a staggering pile of over 250 pastel paintings ~ credible, beautiful, fun artwork, bagged up and hidden away in the dark of my art cabinet. Take a look: Paintings for a Song


Corrales Acequia, 9" x 9"

Colorado Contrasts, 9" x 9"


 November 1, 2011

FOR SALE 
PASTEL COLLECTION

If you think it would be fun to own the same kinds and colors of pastels I use, I'll go you one better. How about owning the same pastels?  

I’moffering my entire collection ofpastel sticks in a large assortment of different brands, sizes and kinds forsale. Included are Ludwig, Schmincke,Girault, Unison, Townsend Soft, as well as assorted sticks of other kinds.As you can see, the collection also contains a few large pastels (Ludwig pink heart,green chile, Great American blue block) and several sticks of pearlescent gold, plus somesmaller square and round blocks. The center box of 60 untouched Ludwig sticks (retail:$220), includes a few confetti colors. The entire collection of 1,044 sticks, which even used wouldeasily retail for more than $3000.00 is available for only:


$2,000.00

*Available only at my Albuquerque studio for pick up. I will not ship. Sold as a collection, not individually. If you're in the area, please contact me. I'm making space and have quite a few other art supplies, materials, books, magazines, videos and studio furnishings for sale currently.  

Since several people have asked: NO, I'm not making a total break from pastels. I'll still be using PanPastels, which I'm fascinated by, and I've retained a good selection of sticks in my small plein air box, plus a whole set back stocked. I'm painting with a variety of media, including pastels, as my space has been limited in the last few years. There's no sense having this beautiful selection of pastels sitting in a case in the dark most of the time! Someone might as well use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment