Entri Populer

Labels

Saturday, April 10, 2010

A breather

Whew, MARS IV sea phase is awesome, but exhausting. I'm having a great time overall, though it's tough sometimes and I have the odd crappy watch where everything seems to go wrong... As they say, a day at sea is better than any day on land.

Reqs are getting done, slowly but surely, I'm getting my bridge presence back up to where it was on MARS III, I'm getting more confident out there... it's progressing. I'm not a rock star, but I'm doing all right.

One sad part of this weekend is tht we're losing our captain, Lt(N) Underhill, who will be off fighting pirates with the Koreans. Replacing him is the CO of HMCS Nanaimo, LCdr Laplante. We are also switching Navigators, from Lt(N) Wills to Lt(N) Turner. For both Lt(N) Underhill and Wills, I am glad to have had a chance to work under them, and I look forward to working with them again in the future.

I wish I had more to say but really there's not that much interesting stuff going on right now. That said, I'm just typing up a quick update, so I'm sure I'll put together something bigger later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment