Entri Populer

Labels

Monday, September 21, 2009

In the Navy...

So,

I've been accepted into CEOTP. Hopefully, I'll be getting my new rank (Acting Sub Lieutenant... doesn't sound very imposing, does it?) with my posting message, which will likely come later today.

I'm assuming I'm being posted to some MARPAC unit (probably a shore duty) until my next course starts--hopefully the next MARS IV, in November.

This is both exciting and terrifying. On one hand, I'm extremely happy I'm getting a commission and being posted to the Fleet, instead of sitting around ArmyTown doing random jobs, but on the other hand I'm flying a few thousand miles away from the woman of my dreams, and my friends and family, and into the unknown... and the not-really-remembered (ie the actual MARS stuff I learned over a year ago). I'll get leave for Xmas and, assuming I go on course in November, some leave in May/June... but that's kinda far. It is what I expected to happen this year when I thought I'd graduate last May, but things were different then. And I didn't have a few days' warning to ship out.

I guess I should wrap up the day's work and head home so I can find the stuff I need to return to supply, and start packing...

Thus, dear readers (all none of you), starts another chapter in my career.

What's past is prologue; what to come,
In my discharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment