Entri Populer

Labels

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Last-minute resistance

I announced a while back that I'd be running a half-marathon. Well, it's this weekend. Sunday morning to be precise.

Sadly, I feel about as far from ready as one can feel and still go through with something. It's not that I expected to be 100% ready and to go over there and run it competitively. At my size, that's impossible. Let's face it, at 5"10 and 220lbs I'm more like a rhino than a gazelle. However, I expected to feel... I don't know to describe it, but, you know, "I'm not fully ready but it'll be fine."

Thing is, I've done things that were at least as difficult. On IAP and BOTP (mostly on IAP though) we did ruck marches that, honestly, were more like ruck runs--I'm pretty tall and I had to jog on some parts just to keep up. Point being, I know I can finish the half-marathon, and I can finish it before they close down the circuit. (Hopefully.) I just don't feel up to it.

Still, me and one of my friends have talked about going to Arlington, Virginia in October to run the Marine Corps Marathon, and I'm not about to run a full marathon without having run a half-marathon first. Besides, who knows, maybe I'll actually enjoy running?

Okay, so maybe I can't push it quite that far. Still, I have some faith in myself; I'm just a bit nervous. (Don't you love my euphemisms?)

Stay nice and warm and sunny, RMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment