Entri Populer

Labels

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Blows my mind

Just a few things that I learned/heard of/saw this week that blew my mind.

1. Classic Video, in Kingston. It is officially my favoritest, best-ever video rental place EVER. They have tons of foreign films (GERMAN! RUSSIAN! JAPANESE!), lots and lots of anime (nothing special, but they have the good ones), pretty much any TV series you might want, lots of British stuff, and craploads of timeless movies. Add to that a vast selection of documentaries, very low prices (3 DVDs for 8 days for $5), and you have a recipe for me renting a lot of videos.

2. Diesel engines in US nuclear submarines. I have no idea what's going. Check out Bubbleheads' blog. I'm so confused.

3. The Institute of the USA and Canada. (ISKRAN) The Soviet Union founded it sometime in the Cold War and it's still running, offering PhDs for a few people every year. They even have a Department of Canada. RMC doesn't even have a Department of Canada! I think I know where I'll get my PhD if I ever go for one in history!

4. How liberating NOT studying can be.

5. My "to read" list is extremely long. Even if I try to average 3-5 books a week like my French teacher recommends, I'll still fall short and have to take a bit of reading with me to Esquimalt. Or wait until I come back from course.

No comments:

Post a Comment