Entri Populer

Labels

Monday, February 4, 2008

LENT - The Musical

All right, so Lent is approaching really, really fast, and although I'm not really that religious, I want to try and give up some stuff... Kinda like 40 days 40 nights, but I really don't get laid often enough for it to be that big a challenge.

So, I decided to give up my two biggest loves in the universe: (beyond my mom; I'm so totally a momma's boy)

Pop (Coca-Cola being the biggest loss)

and

my iPod.

The only exception will be with my iPod: I cannot possibly train with the s**t music they play at the gym--it just kills any motivation I have to push myself--so while at the gym I'll be destroying my eardrums with my iPod. Beyond that, I will not use my iPod when going around, or while at the computer lab, or, generally, anytime I'm not at the gym working out. Just because I know my devious mind will crave some kind of musical entertainment while I'm at the computer lab, I'll also stipulate that unless I'm actively watching a video on YouTube or something such, I won't play music videos in the background--that would be cheating.

I'll also be limiting my facebook usage to the minimum: only responding to messages/wall posts and the like. In short, I'll be using facebook as a messenging service rather than a very potent timewaster service. Still, I don't include it in the list of things I'm giving up on, because I'm not really giving up on it, just limiting it, and that doesn't count.

If you're wondering why I put "The Musical" in the title.. well, first off, you should know me better. Seriously though, I just figure I'll be singing a lot to make up for the iPod loss. Definitely gonna be bringing out all the good songs I know! "Oh, I just can't wait to be kiiiiiiiiiing!"

It's gonna be tough... then again, I do believe that's the idea.

Next year: I'll get myself one of those things the albino in Da Vinci Code wore around his thigh.

Shortly after I originally posted this on facebook, CNN announced my withdrawal from regular facebook usage and reports are coming in of people dancing in the streets of most major cities in the Western hemisphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment