Entri Populer

Labels

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Almost there

So, with one week to go, I have passed all four assessed watches and the pre-board, and only need to avoid doing anything blatantly unsafe during my watches (two dogs, an afternoon, and Friday morning...) which shouldn't be too hard. Oh, and the board. Which, I'm sure, is nowhere near as hard as the NOPQ board will be, but that one's way down the road. I'm not taking this board likely, though. It would be embarrassing to get this far with nary a snag only to fall flat on my face on the last step.

The best part? This is a long weekend, so I get to chill out in Vancouver for another day before we go to sea again. Apparently this will be a cool week, too--those of us who haven't gotten all our watches will probably be done by Tuesday night, so the Captain said we'll do "cool things."

In other news, in case I haven't mentioned it, I am posted to the VILLE DE QUEBEC after this is over. From what I understand we won't be sailing for a while, but I guess it'll give me time to get settled in Halifax, and get the OOD stuff out of the way. Should be good. (By the way, if anyone has suggestions for good places to live in Halifax, I'm all ears. I've never been and would rather avoid living in a sketchy part of town.)

Anyways, I'm glad to be almost done. MARS IV was fun, but it's time to move on. Still, now is not the time to celebrate--I'll have all next weekend for that. Ah well, I'll still play videogames all day today and study tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment