Entri Populer

Labels

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Posting

So MARS IV starts 28 September and will end sometime in February. In the mean time, the Venture staff will attempt to either send us off to sea or, if that fails, will put together an OOD qual package so we can get OOD qualified over the summer, and have one tick in the CofC II quals box. It should be a lot easier for us to get OOD qualified, as there will be a lot of ships in port, and not all that many deploying.

There are also a few openings on a ship's diver's course but I don't think I can get on it. I'll probably ask for it, but I doubt I'll get on it.

As far as MARS IV goes, the MARS head at Venture said something about our sea phase (several weeks) possibly being on the East Coast. Hopefully we'd be out on MCDVs--Orcas in winter in the North Atlantic (even within a few miles of shore...) would NOT be a good idea.

I'll post later about MOC weekend, but I'm really pumped for life after RMC. Of course, getting there isn't going to be much fun, but I'll live. 1309 out of 1357 days done (aka 48 DTG)

No comments:

Post a Comment